"What I have learned about midwifery through this program is that midwifery is always evolving. There is a hunger for knowledge that is empowering." ~an NMI student
Our program goals are:
“I love getting the chance to witness people’s transformations, and I love it when I can do something helpful.”
~ an NMI Student
- To provide comprehensive direct-entry midwifery curriculum to students in their own communities that enhances and supports the apprenticeship model.
- To increase access to education for aspiring midwifery students.
- To be a leader in inclusive, socially just midwifery education.
- To build an egalitarian, respectful and collaborative community of midwifery students, instructors, preceptors, and other professional colleagues.
- To prepare graduates to qualify for the national credential Certified Professional Midwife through North American Registry of Midwives, and state midwifery licensure where provided.