*NOTE: NMI's Study Group module formatting guidelines specify that students provide the text of each question, followed by a blank line and then their response. Sometimes cutting and pasting from the above pdf version causes formatting issues in your word processing document. If this occurs, please use this Microsoft Word version of the module for easier cutting and pasting.
- http://www.innerbody.com/image/digeov.html - Interactive anatomy illustration with text
- http://www.visualdictionaryonline.com/human-being/anatomy/digestive-system.php - Interactive anatomy illustration with text
- https://archive.org/details/teb12_118 - Kaplan Anatomy Coloring Book.pdf
- http://www.nutrition.gov/ - Providing easy, online access to government information on food and human nutrition for consumers. A service of the National Agricultural Library, USDA
- http://www.wildfermentation.com - Sandor Katz, fermentation revivalist fermentation information and resources. Try this, it’s fun and delicious!
- http://michaelpollan.com/resources - Resources, commentary on nutrition sources and perspectives from journalist Michael Pollan
Fluoride and Cavities
- https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/ - "Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children"
- http://www.allianceforacavityfreefuture.org/en/us/technologies/systemic-fluorides#.V2B_hLQkegQ - Commentary and links to research from "Alliance for a Cavity Free Future"
- http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Member%20Center/FIles/fluoridation_facts.ashx - American Dental Association publication “Flouridation Facts” 2005
Microbiome and Gut Health
- http://hmpdacc.org/health/projectdemos.php - Human Microbiome Project, National Institutes of Health: page provides detail on specific mocrobiome within the human body--including the vaginal micorbiome
- http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/magazine/say-hello-to-the-100-trillion-bacteria-that-make-up-your-microbiome.html?_r=0 - "Some of My Best Friends Are Germs" article by Michael Pollan
- http://www.poandpo.com/in-sickness-and-health/childrens-digestive-health-across-europe-in-crisis-2-6-2016/ - Children's digestive health across Europe in crisis; "Paediatric Digestive Health Across Europe", commissioned by United European Gastroenterology (UEG)
- http://www.corespirit.com/study-finds-gut-bacteria-help-prevent-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd-read-httpwww-care2-comgreenlivingstudy-finds-gut-bacteria-help-prevent-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd-html/ - "Study Finds Gut Bacteria Help Prevent Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)"
- https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001499.htm - Hyperemisis gravidarum
When you have completed this module, please provide us feedback!