*NOTE: NMI's Study Group module formatting guidelines specify that students provide the text of each question, followed by a blank line and then their response. Sometimes cutting and pasting from the above pdf version causes formatting issues in your word processing document. If this occurs, please use this Microsoft Word version of the module for easier cutting and pasting.
- 12 Ways to be a feminist healthcare provider
- The Gynecological History and Examination
- On properly taking blood pressure
- The Management of Women with a low or high BMI : Association of Ontario Midwives
- Plus Size Birth
- How to undertake a postnatal examination
- Questioning the Routine Pelvic Examination
- “The Challenging Pelvic Examination”, Bates, Carroll, Potter
- Gynecological Teaching Associates
At Your Cervix, a documentary trailer
At Your Cervix is a documentary about the sometimes troubling and unethical ways that medical and nursing students learn to perform breast and pelvic exams--one of which is "practicing" on women under anesthesia without their consent. It also illuminates a revolutionary approach in which highly trained women act as "patient" and teacher, using their own bodies to teach. For more information about the film please visit http://www.atyourcervixmovie.com/
Ritual of the Bedside Exam
Dr. Abraham Verghese explains the ritual of the bedside exam. Created by Sal Khan.
When you have completed this module, please provide us feedback!